Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Reflective Journal - 10th week

I am very lucky to have Mr. Bala as my supervisor. he is very supportive and very positive in every word that he says whenever he give advices or even during the consultations after every observations he did in my classroom.
One thing that I love about him is that he will start his comments with my strengths first then my weaknesses later. He also explains how to fix the flaws with brilliant ideas of his. his style of criticizing made me felt less inferior with myself and also made me felt that I am improving from time to time and I should work harder to be better next time.

After three observations with him I learnt that:
a.    teaching aids or regalia are very important in ensuring that the lesson is efficient to the students
b.    learning outcomes should be realistic and meet students’ level of proficiency
c.    teacher should be more creative in attracting the students’ interest in learning
d.    an excellent teacher is the teacher who is attentive and aware of the students’ behaviour and discipline during his or her teaching
e.    time management is essential in order to maintain the flaws of the lesson and make it more effective
f.    the act of giving rewards to students is good to boost the students’ interest and confidence in learning; either it is simple things like pencils or candies or even just a simple praise.

As a matter of fact there are so many other things that I learnt from him that I cannot list it all. Thus, I sincerely want to express my gratitude to Mr. Baal for his thoughtful insights and kindness towards me throughout my practicum days as my supervisor. And I surely has grow and become more mature in the process of becoming a good teacher. Thank you Mr. Bala. May God bless you always with lots of love and prosperity in life! =)

0 comments: