Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Reflective Journal - 11th week

I can’t believe that my practicum is almost ended. Seems like 12 weeks is such a long time yet it short and sweet! My last day in smksnt is no fairy tale. No teary goodbyes or thank you cards, no gifts or lovely flowers from the students. Honestly, I’m a little bit disappointed but I understand that most of them are from poor family. They even cannot afford to buy gifts for themselves. Thus, that is not what I expect from them. For me the thoughts and memories with them that counts.

As my favourite quote says,
“At the end of the day, students will forget what you have thought them but they surely will remember what you have made them feel”
And it is my aspiration for them to remember how I made them feel.

At first, I didn’t really think that this would be one of the emotional goodbyes but actually it did. I remember how my voice stuck in my throat at the moment I say goodbye and apologize for things I done throughout my days with them. I also remember how my eyes got blurry with tears at the moment I wish them luck in their lives. And I remember how suddenly my heart filled with love as they ask for forgiveness and also my phone number! He he.

As for the staffs and teachers they did say good bye and wish us with many lovely things in life. They even invited us to their annual dinner in November. We flattered!  We surely will come with style. Hukhuk.
Taken as a whole, I learnt so many things from all the staffs, teachers and students of smksnt. They made me wiser and more mature to face the future. From my deepest heart I express my gratefulness to all.

0 comments: