Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Reflective Journal - 8th week

Besides English I also teach Physical Education (P.E) for form 5 Economics (5EKO). At first I felt very awkward and nervous. I don’t know what and how to teach a P.E class. The irony here is P.E was never my favourite subject during high school! And now I have to teach P.E, serves me right! Ha-ha. But gradually I am loving it and looking forward to it. I can wear sports attire for the whole day. More comfortable than bijou curing of course.

However, I made one of the biggest mistakes in classroom management. When I enter the class for the first time I forgot to tell my rules to them. Maybe because I set in mind those they already mature enough to behave and obey my orders and instructions during my lesson later. Thus, they started to misbehave. They refuse to bring their sports attire, they stay in the class during the lesson in the field and they even ‘vanished’ during class!

So, after I realized all the flaws I planned to do something to put a stop to all these problems. Firstly, I should remind them that everyone must bring their sports attire and the one who refuse will face the consequences. Secondly, they must wait for the teacher to come to the class first then they can go to the field and move in group. Thirdly, everyone must be at the field with or without sports attire; no one can stay in the class during P.E. lastly, all the sports equipment must be returned to the P.E room after used.

Actually, I planned to present to them all the rules by this week but unfortunately they have started their SPM trial starting this week until the end of my practicum. Thus, I will never get the chance to apply my P.E class rules to them. sigh.

0 comments: