Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Reflective Journal - 9th week

I did my six observations with my mentor. Five observations with my form 2A3 and one observation with my form 1A3. I was very satisfied with my students during all the observations. They were very cooperative, understand and respect my expectations in my every observation.

I worked hard for every observation as I want to score as high as I can for my practicum. I did my teachings aids, I completed each and every lesson plan, and I constructed handouts and a few slideshows for some of my lesson in ‘Alit Pandang Danger’ (APD) room. However, I never satisfied with every mark that I got from every lesson that I conducted. this made me realized that I have so many weaknesses and flaws that sometime I felt like I want to give it up and just take it easy but then I tried to mend my broken heart and kept on reminding myself that it’s all part of my learning process.

After six observations I learnt that:
a.    an interesting and good set induction is crucial to ensure that the whole lesson is effective
b.    graphics such as pictures and fancy illustrations are the some of the best teaching aids for the students
c.    equal attention to all students is very important to ensure the topic learnt is well-understood by the students
d.    teacher should know how to choose the most appropriate exercise for the students in order to maximize its function as a tool to enhance their understanding on topic learnt
e.    a good lesson plan is essential as it is a guide to a good lesson in the classroom
f.    teacher should be able to determine the most suitable learning activity that is parallel with the students’ level of proficiency.

Honestly, I learnt a lot of things from my mentor. She showed me a whole new meaning of being a good teacher. And I definitely will always remember all the knowledge and experiences that I had during my practicum days here in SMKSNT.

0 comments: